Thursday, August 11, 2011

The little things

The last 2 days including today every single little thing reminds me of Grandma. Lastnight my mom and I ate cashew chicken salad from culvers and the whole time I was eating it, all I could think of when grandma had a heart attack in feb of 2010 I went and picked her up from the hospital in madison and when we got to the dells we went to culvers and had those salads! She would always leave a few pieces of chicken for last!

Everywhere I go I see elderly ladies that remind me of her, weaither it being the way they walk, look, talk.  When I am driving to Beaver Dam all I can think about is the one time she called me and I was on my way to Beaver Dam and she asked if I would take her someplace the next day, and ofcourse I said yes :)

I still have boxes of her stuff that we got from the apartment (like crafts and some angels I got) that we just can't go thru. I have pictures to add on my facebook album of her that I just can't get myself to scan in and add them, or even look at them.

I was doing good the last few days before last but now it seems like every single little thing I am reminded of her, its not a bad thing but hurts. I am sad, I know she is in a better place but I can't help but wish she was still her with us, I just can't help it!

I drive by her apartment building thinking maybe if I drive by she will come out! I just can't help it!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about all the little things you remember about your Grandma..They are so precious to me.....

    ReplyDelete